The Reflex C MC preamp is our one box solution for conventional (low) output moving coil cartridges having an output of 0.2 to 1.0 mV.
It's a MC preamp that provides that missing excitement to moving coil cartridge listening, revealing the secrets hidden in your vinyl - as well as great dynamics, delicacy and just the right amount of warmth.
Imagine a pure tube/valve solution for moving coil phono stage pre-amplification with no step-up transformer? Unfortunately tubes/valves don't have the open-loop gain and are too noisy to do moving coil pre-amplification without a step-up transformer, but now, with the Reflex C phono stage you can get the sound you're searching for - yes, that illusive tube/valve linearity, from solid state!
But how? Conventional solid state moving coil phono stage preamps have poor open-loop bandwidth which means their open-loop response is only a few tens of hertz. Negative feedback straightens out their response but in doing so it introduces phase modulation from bass frequencies upwards.
The Reflex C has more than ten times the open-loop bandwidth of a solid state moving coil phono preamp which means there's less than one tenth the phase modulation
There are many more refinements in the Reflex C phono stage, including excellent radio frequency rejection as well as the best branded components available that gel to make the most precise sound stage delivering an unbeatable moving coil musical experience.
- optionally with PSU-1 power supply: EURO 799.00 !
- Input range: 0.2mV to 1.0mV
- Output (for input range): 252mV to 1,260mV (1.26V)
- Maximum input: 3.9mV rms
- Maximum output: 4.914V rms
- Gain: 62dB (1,260) at 1kHz
- Input impedance: 100 Ohms
- Output (driving/source) impedance: 1k Ohm
- Recommended load impedance: 10k Ohm or greater
- Noise at output: -62dB CCIR Q-pk
- Equivalent input noise (EIN): -124dB
- Distortion: 0.02%
- RIAA accuracy: <0.5dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 200kHz (flat, corrected to RIAA)
- Channel balance: 0.2dB
- Channel separation: 64dB
- Size: (approx.) W: 107 x H: 50 x D: 180 (mm) inc. jacks